- XTO Energy takes the lead in the Permian due to their recent recompletion of multiple vertical wells in Andrews county.
- Burlington Resources has been increasing activity in the Eagle Ford, primarily with recompletions in DeWitt County.
- Marathon has come back on the top 25 list with a multi-well pad in the Eagle Ford.
Texas Intents to Drill
- EOG remains the most active operator by intents to drill in the Eagleford.
- Pioneer Natural Resources and EOG are the most active operators by intents to drill in the Permian.
- The number of permits filed by Apache has slowed down this week. This is in sharp contrast to previous weeks in which they were the number one operator in terms of permits filed. We will want to watch carefully to see if this trend continues.
- Highlighted this week is Mazco Energy, who recently acquired wells from Rec Well Service in Atacosa County, which helps put them in the center of the Eagleford Basin.