As we prepare for Valentine’s Day, our gift to you is not a bouquet of roses or a box of chocolates, but some incredible nuggets of information you wouldn’t be able to find anywhere else.
- WSGP increases acreage in Pittsburg county.
- Continental continues to pick up leases in the SCOOP and remains one of the most active operators in Oklahoma.
- R D Williams & Company have been very active in Love County along the OK/TX Border.
- The top three operators in terms of spacing are focusing their activity in the STACK; expect these operators be top drillers in the near future.
- Pooling applications are very high in Hughes with Antioch and Silver Creek the two most active operators.
- Look for Antioch to increase its activity in the near future, potentially becoming one of the biggest operators in the Arkoma during 2018.
- Last week, Newfield was the most active operator in terms of intents to drill. Alongside Continental, both operators are focused in the SCOOP and STACK.
Activity is abundant in the STACK; the main players stay consistent with a high level of activity. These include Alta Mesa (Oklahoma Energy Acquisitions), Continental, Devon, and Jones.
We expect completion activity to continue to be focused in the STACK.
- With a purchase of more than 20 wells in Nowata county from Rocky Top Energy, Cewell Energy is the highlight this week in terms of transfers.
- Location exceptions continue to be primarily filed in the STACK.
- Be on the lookout for more horizontal wells during the first half of 2018.