In case you missed it, we started publishing monthly look-backs on oil and gas activity in both Oklahoma & Texas. Sign up for our blog in order to receive these and other special industry reports directly in your inbox.
Read our analysis on January O&G activity in Oklahoma here.
Highlights from this week's report:
- Continental increases their position in the SCOOP.
- Canyon Creek continues to obtain acreage through multiple entities in the Arkoma; look for them to be an active player in the first half of the year.
- Continental continues to increase activity.
- The STACK continues to be the hottest area for completions.
- Total spacings are down since last week.
- The Arkoma Basin is the only area that saw an increase in the number of spacing applications with Silver Creek Oil & Gas leading activity.
- Silver Creek has been actively filing poolings recently in Hughes County. Watch for their future drilling activity in the Arkoma.
- The STACK continues to be most active in terms of both drilling and future drilling.
- Oklahoma Energy Acquisitions filed 12 increased density applications in Kingfisher county.
- The STACK is the most active area in terms of increased density applications, as infield drilling is picking up.
- Trinity Operating leads increased density applications in the Arkoma, which coincides with their intents to drill there.
- Oklahoma Energy Acquisitions leads location exceptions filed by a large margin. All of their applications are in Kingfisher County: look for them to be a leading operator here in 2018.