Oklahoma Weekly Report - 07/16/2018
Oklahoma Frac Activity
- Gulfport recently announced that production increased 28% in Oklahoma and Ohio during the second quarter. Gulfport’s production in the SCOOP is up over 50% from the year prior, which made us look at some of their recent activity.
- We graphed the initial daily production over the first 90 days for 6 of their wells producing out of the Woodford formation in the SCOOP and used oseFrac to compare the frac designs of each well:
This set of wells contained a mixture of linear gel and slickwater fracs.
Looking at the production data, 5 out of 6 wells had a similar mixture of gelling agent, friction reducer, and acid. Each of these 6 wells had an average concentration of 44% gelling agent and 14% friction reducer, while the acid varied between 27% and 43%.
The 6th well, 8-10X3H, however, did not use any acid in the frac. Instead, we saw in this well an increased concentration of gelling agent and friction reducer (67% and 31% respectively).
If 5 of the 6 wells had similar designs: why did the second best performing well increase the concentrations of gelling agent and friction reducer instead of adding acid in the frac?
Oklahoma Leasing Activity
- Valpoint Energy Partners has been actively leasing acreage in Western Oklahoma, primarily Roger Mills and Ellis counties.
Oklahoma Spacing Filings
- Roan Resources has been increasing activity in the Merge, which has been a hotbed of activity since the start of the year.
Oklahoma Completion Filings
Oklahoma Pooling Activity
- Calyx Energy has become the most active applicant in terms of poolings, with all of their activity in the Arkoma Basin.
Oklahoma Drilling Intents Filed
- Given the high price of oil, Chaparral is looking to get the most out of its acreage in the STACK. They have been actively creeping towards the top of our list over the last couple of weeks, with a lot of activity in Kingfisher county.
Oklahoma Transfer Activity
Oklahoma Location Exception Activity
- Although the majority of recent reports about Continental have been about Project Springboard, let’s not forget how active they continue to be in the STACK, having almost doubled production here since 2017.